Booking & Payment Information:
- Please contact Wild Orkney Walks initially by e-mail or telephone to check availability.
- Payments are accepted by BACS (bank transfer), cheques (GBP only) or cash for last minute bookings. Payment details will be provided at the time of booking.
- Once payment has been received you will receive your booking confirmation with detailed information of meeting time and place, and recommendations on clothing and footwear.
- Children must always be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian – please note, not all walks are suitable for children. Please see walk information or check at the time of enquiry.
- Please inform Wild Orkney Walks of any medical history or allergies that might affect your ability to take part in the walk. This information is treated in strict confidence but may be disclosed to medical professionals in the event of an emergency.
- Dogs are not permitted on any walks.
- Please ensure that you bring appropriate equipment along on your walk. At a minimum you will need waterproof jacket and trousers, walking boots or wellies. Anything else required will be advised at the time of booking.
Cancellations & Changes:
- If you do have to cancel your walk booking, please let Wild Orkney Walks know as soon as possible. If we are able to fill your place, we will refund your payment in full. If we can’t fill your place, we will refund you 50% of the total cost.
- Wild Orkney Walks reserves the right to change or cancel walks if there is bad weather forecast. If a walk is cancelled, you will be offered a choice:
- an alternative time/date
- a different option, ie a visit to a hide/indoor activity
- a full refund if none of the above is suitable
- We reserve the right to change walks or itineraries in the light of prevailing weather or other safety reasons. Being on foot in remote and/or rugged country is potentially hazardous by its nature and participants must accept a certain element of risk. In the interest of safety, you must agree to abide by the decisions of your Walking Guide, who has full public liability insurance.
- Wild Orkney Walks shall not be liable for any consequential loss or damage arising from the cancellation, interruption, delay or alteration of or to any walk.
If your cruise liner cannot dock in Orkney due to adverse weather, you will be fully refunded.
Wild Orkney Walks will be under no obligation or liability for any cancellation, interruption, delay or alteration of or to any walk caused by act or threat of war (whether declared or not), riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, discharge dispersal release or escape of pollutants, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, sickness, bad weather, technical or transportation problems, closure of stations, ports and airports, cancellation or changes of schedules by railways, ferry companies, air or bus lines or any other circumstances beyond our control amounting to force majeure and/or Act of God.
Any medical condition or medication being taken that may affect your health or ability must be notified to Wild Orkney Walks in advance and must be accompanied by a doctor’s certificate as to fitness. You are strongly advised to obtain adequate insurance cover for all eventualities connected with your walk. Wild Orkney Walks accepts no liability or obligation for any death, illness or injury or loss of or damage to baggage or personal property caused to or suffered by you in relation to your walk.
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your walk or tour, you should contact Wild Orkney Walks immediately and we will do our best to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Should it not be possible to resolve your complaint immediately, you should write to us, giving full details, within 14 days of the walk date.
Wild Orkney Walks reserves the right to amend terms and conditions at any time.