Booking & Payment Information
- Please contact Wild Orkney Walks initially by e-mail or telephone to check availability.
- The prices for the standard walks on our website are per person and are for small mixed groups of up to 6 people. There is no minimum number, we are happy to do a walk with 1 person.
- If you would like to do one of the standard walks as a Bespoke walk exclusively for your party, then the price will change to the Bespoke rate from £36 per hour.
- Payments are accepted by BACS (bank transfer), credit/debit card via Square, cheques (GBP only) or cash for last minute bookings. Payment details will be provided at the time of booking.
- For international payments by bank transfer/SWIFT, please allow up to 10 working days for the payment to reach the bank account of Wild Orkney Walks.
- Wild Orkney Walks is not responsible for paying any fees which your bank may charge you for making a payment to Wild Orkney Walks.
- Once payment has been confirmed, you will receive your booking confirmation with detailed information of meeting time and place, recommendations on clothing, footwear and what else you need to bring.
- Children are welcome on some of our walks, but please note that not all walks are suitable for children. Children aged 5-16 yrs are charged at half the adult rate and children under 5 yrs go free. All children (up to and including the age of 16 years) must always be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please see walk information or check with us at the time of enquiry.
- Please inform Wild Orkney Walks of any medical history or allergies that might affect your ability to take part in the walk. This information is treated in strict confidence but may be disclosed to medical professionals in the event of an emergency.
- Dogs are not permitted on any walks unless they are assistance dogs.
- Please ensure that you bring appropriate equipment along on your walk. At a minimum you will need waterproof jacket and trousers, walking boots or wellies. Anything else required will be advised at the time of booking.
- If you and/or a member of your household has symptoms, been in contact with another person with symptoms, or tested positive for Coronavirus after the time of booking, you must inform Wild Orkney Walks as soon as possible.
- Wild Orkney Walks reserves the right to cancel walk bookings if Coronavirus is a concern or if Wild Orkney Walks (Megan) is showing symptoms of Coronavirus.
- The sharing of optical equipment is not permitted, clients must bring their own.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided for use by the walk leader and clients.
- If First Aid is required, the walk leader may need other members of the party to assist/apply First Aid.
Cancellations & Charges
- If you do have to cancel your walk booking, please let Wild Orkney Walks know as soon as possible. If we are able to fill your place, we will refund your payment in full. If we can’t fill your place, the following charges will apply:
- 50% refund if notified more than 48 hours in advance of the walk/booking
- No refund if notified less than 48 hours in advance of the walk/booking
- Wild Orkney Walks reserves the right to change or cancel walks if there is bad weather forecast. If a walk is cancelled, you will be offered a choice:
- an alternative time/date
- an alternative activity, ie a visit to a hide
- a full refund if none of the above is suitable
- We reserve the right to change walks or itineraries in the light of prevailing weather or other safety reasons. Being on foot in remote and/or rugged country is potentially hazardous by its nature and participants must accept a certain element of risk. In the interest of safety, you must agree to abide by the decisions of your Walking Guide, who has full liability insurance.
- Wild Orkney Walks shall not be liable for any consequential loss or damage arising from the cancellation, interruption, delay or alteration of or to any walk.
- You are advised to take out travel insurance to cover any cancellation fees. All refunds will be £ sterling and any fluctuation in exchange rates will not be our responsibility.
If your cruise liner cannot dock in Orkney due to adverse weather, you will receive a 50% refund of your booking. If you fail to turn up for a walk but your cruise ship has docked in Orkney, you will not receive a refund.
Wild Orkney Walks will be under no obligation or liability for any cancellation, interruption, delay or alteration of or to any walk caused by act or threat of war (whether declared or not), riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, discharge dispersal release or escape of pollutants, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, sickness, bad weather, technical or transportation problems, closure of stations, ports and airports, cancellation or changes of schedules by railways, ferry companies, air or bus lines or any other circumstances beyond our control amounting to force majeure and/or Act of God.
Any medical condition or medication being taken that may affect your health or ability must be notified to Wild Orkney Walks in advance and must be accompanied by a doctor’s certificate as to fitness. You are strongly advised to obtain adequate insurance cover for all eventualities connected with your walk. Wild Orkney Walks accepts no liability or obligation for any death, illness or injury or loss of or damage to baggage or personal property caused to or suffered by you in relation to your walk.
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your walk or tour, you should contact Wild Orkney Walks immediately and we will do our best to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Should it not be possible to resolve your complaint immediately, you should write to us, giving full details, within 14 days of the walk date.
Wild Orkney Walks reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
(Last updated January 2023)